Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sun Bound

Andrea and Laird were not scheduled to arrive to Cancun until after me. So my game plan was to put on the bathing suit and go hang by the pool/ocean and find some food. I found my bright blue suit and sunscreen and proceeded to prep for some sun time. I have learned over the years that it is best to put on sunscreen before the bathing suit to avoid sunburn in those really tender spots. And then of course bring more withyou for when you get to your destination.... Ahhh - so much different than my days of Bain de Soleil dark tanning oil.
I was just done getting ready when Laird and Andrea walked in. HAH! It is always so nice meeting your friend's boyfriend for the first time while standing in a hallway in a bathing suit in December with very little tan. The little voice in my head kept saying - you just did that triathlon, I am sure you look ~ok~ in the bathing suit.
I waited for them and we all hit the resort together.... Mojito, guacamole, grouper sandwich... and some pool time.
There is an olympic length lap pool at the resort (I looked it up 50 meters each way) and I did 2 laps that first day. I did the math for that too (conversion to yards that is) but it escapes me now.

No comments: