Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hung over???

I woke up feeling ~ok~ on Monday morning. I had some coffee and felt a little off. But not in a big way. Nothing a little coffee and sun couldn't handle - or so I thought...
I went down to the beach and felt a little warm - figured maybe alcohol? - not the normal feeling but maybe. So I went for a walk south down the beach towards the Ritz Carlton.... I still reflect on my last visit to a Ritz Carlton and can say - yeah not all it's cracked up to be... I ended up down the bach near some construction site and turned around. About the same as Sunday I did about a mile. The big difference this excursion (I should so put this entry in the tri blog) was that I jogged some parts of the trip..... and I must digress on this....
You know that you work a whole bunch of different muscles when walking barefoot on the beach. You add a jog in there - I learned from my friend JC - that the whole stride in the jog changes. Well let me tell you by the time I got back to my chair on the beach I couldn't agree more!!! My legs were achy. My feet were achy. I could feel all sorts of muscles in my legs.
I went to the pool to stretch out . No really - there was a little ledge and I could srecth out there in the water with little effort and much relaxation. I stayed over there for quite some time. Well until the sun moved behind the building mid-day. I found Andrea in the lap pool and decided to join her. NO - we didn't swim laps. It was just that the sun was up that way.
We hung out there until it started to cloud over. This is about the time I caught a chill that didn't leave me for a number of days...
I went back to the room, took a shower, took a nap, and ultimately worked my way out to a sunny balcony in an effort to warm up. I thought maybe I was dehydrated but I really don't know what was up...

No comments: