Thursday, December 18, 2008

So let's start with the flight out...

Not much to say here. I do get a little travel anxiety before I fly. It has more to do with getting to the airport than the actualy flight. I suppose I have paid too much attention to that fact that more people get hurt in their car a mile from their home than on planes. I just get a litle pent up about the traffic to the airport - hey at 7am or so it is not that bad. And then the parking - although now that the 2 daily decks are open that is not as daunting... I forget which trip it was - I think it was to MS for work - I ended up in overflow parking... YEP out in the middle of no where $10 for as long as you park type deal. A but unnerving.
So I get a little anxious. Good thing as I made it down the highway a little earlier than needed and as a result missed some "emergency exams" scheduled about 5 minutes after I arrived to the airport.
Our flight was delayed. They couldn't get the gate out to the plane when it arrived to let the other passengers off.
It was the same gate as last year. This year's additions - no bagel coffee shop right near the gate but Bacardi had a grill/bar right there.
And besides being miserably stuck in an aisle seat next to an elderly couple that had no intentions of conversing with me the flight out was uneventful.

No comments: