Monday, December 22, 2008

Making the most of my last day....

So the 5 days went rather quickly. At first it didn't seem like it. But with all the aches, pains, chills and naps it ended up speeding by. So I decided to make the most of it that last day. AND I was pretty sure I was feeling OK on Wednesday too... YIPPEEE!!!!
So we got up and went down to the beach. Did a little sunbathing with the Bain de Soleil orange gelee.... What a nice guilty pleasure that is. The surf, the sand, the scent of a suntan lotion shunned by the fear of skin cancer. It was nice. Plus we had a good laugh at the fact I used to use the Bain del Soleil dark tanning oil! Hello!? I am sure that will come back to haunt me.
From there we went for a swim in the pool.
And then to the breakfast buffett... I did mention my love of scrambled eggs and refried beans right. Too bad I only thought I was feeling better.
From there we went for a walk to the mall. It was an interesting melting pot of shops.... Cartier and Loius Vutton at one end. World of Tequila at the other. And in between everything from authentic Mexican pottery, vanilla, tshirts, xrated souvenirs, fine jewelry and a food court. We had a fun time walking around. And we did a little shopping.
Afterwards, we went back to the hotel and hit the beach. The water was less choppy so we went in for a bit. Then back to the pool for one last dip before getting ready to head to the airport.
What a shame - too bad all the other days weren't like that.

No comments: