Monday, December 22, 2008

Airport...

Do you really want to hear the account of my airport visit?
I was pleased to see that they moved their duty free shopping AFTER security check! And they had a HUGE liquor department. I searched high and low but did you really think I would find Goslings there? Well I was hopeful but not successful.
From there was a baggage section. WOW - all the Kipling bags!!!! I was very pleased to find that my little backpack from last year was $30 MORE in Cancun than my purchase in Charlotte. I have already justified the silly cost of the bag - but this made it even better.
And I walked around some more - watches, sunglasses, Jimmy Buffett, Christmas trees.... I took it all in. And wouldn't you know - 10 minutes before my flight started boarding - I got sick to my stomache.... aaahhhh - how nice. Hence my reference early on to the bathrooms at the airport.
I made a little wager about being "OK" on the flight... And that went without event. However I was the LAST person through customs for all international flights when we got to Charlotte.
Note for the future - stick with brushing teeth with bottled water and stay away from tall frozen drinks.... Of course most people think I had a version of the flu.

No comments: