Thursday, December 18, 2008

Royal Sands

When you pull up it is pretty overwhelming - the size of the place. I don't know the last time I stayed at a really big resort. The hotels in Belize were smaller. I guess the timeshare in Orlando? But even that wasn't like this - big lobby all decorated for Christmas. OK - I think Grove Park 2 years ago. But this was a whole LOT warmer.
So I checked in - took in the lobby - Christmas tree, poinsettia, wonderful view of the ocean.... And made my way to my room.
They delivered my measly bag to me. I could have taken it myself but they so didn't encourage that. And I spent some time unpacking. I do that - even on road trips for work over night. I am there, they have given me a closet, I will unpack. If only I was as diligent about hanging things up in my closet at home.

No comments: